Nonprofit registration is now open for Midlands Gives Day, the annual 18-hour online-only giving challenge hosted by Central Carolina Community Foundation, which will take place on Tuesday, May 4, 2021,... Read More
At a Glance
Aflac prides itself on being a vital part of each of the communities its team members call home.
Aflac Group’s grant program focuses on supporting organizations with a local, rather than a national or international, perspective. Aflac Group primarily accepts grant proposals from nonprofit organizations serving South Carolina.
The Aflac grants committee is comprised of a dedicated group of community-minded employee volunteers. Central Carolina Community Foundation staff supports the Aflac grants committee.
- An organization may only submit one application.
- All organizations must have a physical location in South Carolina.
- All applications must be submitted online by Wednesday, September 30, 2020. Paper copies will not be accepted.
- Any organization that received an Aflac competitive grant from July 1, 2019-June 30, 2020 is eligible to apply in fall 2020.
- Any organization that received an Aflac competitive grant from January 1, 2020-December 31, 2020 may not apply until spring 2021.
- Any organization that received an Aflac competitive grant from July 1, 2020-June 30, 2021 may not apply until fall 2021.
- Any organization that received funding during 2020 directly from Aflac for a program or event sponsorship is not eligible to apply for a competitive grant.
- Any organization that is declined can reapply the following grant cycle. The original application will not automatically roll over the next cycle for consideration.
- Your organization must comply with the annual registration and financial reporting requirements for charitable organizations of the South Carolina Secretary of State and must be in compliance with all regulations of the South Carolina Secretary of State.
Eligible Programs Areas
- Health & Well-Being (Preference will be given to pediatric cancer and services for their families)
- Education (Preference will be given to life skills and traditional educational programs)
We Do Not Fund
- Schools (K-12, Colleges, Universities)
- September 1, 2020 – Application Opens
- September 30, 2020 – Application Closes
- December 2020 – Applicants notified of Funding Status
- January 1, 2021 – Program Starts
- December 31, 2021 – Program Ends
Grants awarded from Aflac through Central Carolina Community Foundation range from $1,000 to $10,000. Please do not submit a proposal exceeding $10,000. For funding requests outside the stated parameters (program area or amount), please contact Cortney Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for a Grant
You are encouraged to review the entire application prior to entering information. Once the application has been submitted, you will not be able to go back and make any corrections. We recommend you complete the narrative portion in another Word-based document and then copy and paste it into the application. The application is considered incomplete if the required budget form is not completed and attached. Only submit a proposal for a project/program that can be completed virtually and/or with social distance safety measures in place to protect staff and clients.
* Must be downloaded, completed and uploaded in the supporting documents section at the end of the application
Information for Grant Recipients
* Required to submit a final report at the end of the year with budget, program photos, number of volunteers and individuals served