Central Carolina Community Foundation grants $327,000 to 14 South Carolina Nonprofits to Launch Innovative Projects Central Carolina Community Foundation, the Midlands’ local center for philanthropy, is pleased to award $327,000... Read More
At a Glance
Capacity Building mini-grants provide funds to nonprofits to assist with organizational and financial stability, program quality, and growth; allowing them to carry out their missions more effectively. Our grants will fund activities that will strengthen the organization, including strengthening governance, developing strategic planning, merging operations and/or programming, building reliable funding streams, developing management skills, and enhancing systemic support around community issues.
- Organizations must be determined as a charitable organization in good standing under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, public entities or other charitable, educational or faith-based organizations.
- Organizations must have a physical location in one of the following 11 counties in the Midlands: Calhoun, Clarendon, Fairfield, Kershaw, Lee, Lexington, Newberry, Orangeburg, Richland, Saluda and Sumter.
Examples of Eligible Activities
- Developing or refining organization mission, vision or goals
- Organizational assessment, evaluation of overall effectiveness, and strategic planning
- Building and diversifying revenue streams
- Developing or refining communications, marketing and outreach strategy
- Improving impact measurement tools and program evaluation capacity
Examples of Non-Eligible Activities
- Routine operating expenses of the organization
- Fundraising projects—including events
- Debt reduction
- Endowment or capital campaigns
- Medical research
- Individual conference registration
- Costs associated with the creation of a new nonprofit organization
- Completed projects or proposals that have begun implementation
- Grants to individuals
- Certifications or tuition fees
Applicants may request up to $5,000.
The Community Foundation will award at least $30,000 in grants.
- January 15, 2019 – Application Opened
- February 26, 2019 – Application Closed
- May 1, 2019 – Applicants notified of Application Status
- June 1, 2019 – Project Starts
- December 31, 2019 – Project Ends
How to Apply
Applications are now closed.
Information for Grant Recipients
If your nonprofit received a Capacity Building grant, please use this link below to submit your grant report.
Applications will be reviewed by the Community Impact Committee of Central Carolina Community Foundation. Final funding decisions are made by the Foundation’s Board of Trustees. Declinations will be emailed.
For further information, please contact Antionna Fuller at 803-978-7844, or email email@example.com.