Guest blog by the Sumter County Museum, a Connected Communities grant recipient. The Sumter County Museum’s 2019 Connected Communities project focuses on increasing local awareness of the museum’s new award-winning... Read More
Recognizing Exemplary Leadership
The David W. Robinson Catalyst Award recognizes organizations in our 11-county service area that have exemplified leadership, creativity, vision, and commitment in addressing critical community issues.
The award, created in memory of inaugural board member David W. Robinson, was established by the Community Foundation and the Robinson Family in 1994.
Each year the Community Foundation accepts nominations from the public for nonprofit organizations that have identified and responded effectively to a community need by mobilizing resources in addition to their own.
The deadline to submit a nomination is July 31, 2019.
Nominations are accepted for organizations that make a significant difference in our community and demonstrate:
- persistent effort in finding a solution to a complex problem
- creativity in exploring alternative approaches toward a solution
- community collaboration
- specific outcomes toward meeting a community need
The recipient will be announced in November.
- 2018 Transitions Homeless Center
- 2017 SC Appleseed Legal Justice Center
- 2016 Lexington Interfaith Community Services (LICS)
- 2015 Sexual Trauma Services of the Midlands
- 2014 Lawrence Place
- 2013 PASOs
- 2012 Family Connection of SC
- 2011 The Healing Species
- 2010 Sistercare
- 2009 Eau Claire Shalom Ministries
- 2007 Parenting Partners
- 2006 The Free Medical Clinic, Inc.
- 2005 Fast Forward Technology
- 2004 Comminicare (Welvista)
- 2003 The Women’s Shelter
- 2002 Brookland Foundation
- 2001 Children’s Chance
- 2000 Healthy Learners
- 1999 HOPE for Kids
- Junior League of Columbia
- 1998 The Cooperative Ministry
- 1997 World Affairs Council of Columbia
- Family Connection of South Carolina
- 1996 Souper Bowl of Caring
- 1995 The Greater Columbia Literacy Council
- 1994 The Columbia Housing Authority