Our donors contribute to the wellbeing of our community in many ways. We are pleased to feature one the Midlands’ philanthropic leaders, the Junior League of Columbia. They have invested... Read More
The Community Foundation’s online scholarship application makes it easy for students to apply for scholarships. Students only need to complete one application and are automatically matched with each scholarship opportunity for which they qualify.
Applications are open annually January through March each year.
Information/documents needed when submitting your scholarship application
1. A transcript that shows your most recent cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale (PDF Format)
2. SAT and/or ACT score and copy of score sheet (PDF Format)
3. Personal statement This essay should help the reviewer learn about your personal history, perspectives, goals, and interest. Be sure to include your education plans and career goals as well. Please review your essay for grammatical and spelling errors before you submit it. Your personal statement should not exceed 600 words.
4. The name and email address of two individuals (non-family member) who will complete a recommendation form on your behalf. Please note: a letter of recommendation will not be accepted in lieu of the recommendation form. Each applicant will be required to enter the name and email address of the recommender on the application. Each recommender will then be emailed by email@example.com to request they complete a recommendation form. These two recommendations must also be completed no later than March 5.
5. Family’s 2018 gross household income
2019 Application Timeline
- January 1, 2019 – General Application Opened
- March 5, 2019 – General Application Closed
- June 2019 – Award Notification Sent to Students