The One SC Fund Grants Committee has announced the third round of grant awards for Hurricane Florence relief and recovery projects across South Carolina. Grantees will receive a total of... Read More
Responding To State-Declared Emergencies
The One SC Fund provides grants to nonprofits to fund relief, recovery and/or rebuilding assistance programs from state-declared emergencies.
One SC Fund Impact
$3,447,500 distributed to nonprofits to support disaster recovery projects across SC since 2015
19,600 individuals received assistance with food and clothing
1,633 families able to return home after disasters
3 state-declared disasters supported by the fund since 2015, including The Thousand-Year Flood, Hurricane Matthew, and Hurricane Florence
Donations to the One SC Fund are being accepted and will help continue the work of serving those impacted by the disasters that have hit our state. Current donations will be directed to counties in the Pee Dee and Grand Strant that have been impacted by Hurricane Florence.
100% of monies donated will be granted to local nonprofits providing disaster relief and recovery.
Donations are also accepted through the mail at:
Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC
2142 Boyce Street, Suite 412
Columbia, SC 29201
Please make checks payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC
Nonprofits: Apply for a Grant
The following businesses and corporations have donated to the One SC Fund following Hurricane Florence. We thank them for their generosity.
- BlueCross BlueShield of SC
- United Health Foundation
- Pfizer Charitable Foundation
- Dominion Energy
- Nextera Energy
- Ballantine Storage
- Wells Fargo
- First Citizens
- Bandit Series
- Fuji Film
The Foundation thanks the following members of the One SC Fund grants committee:
- Ms. Marcia Adams | Director, South Carolina Department of Administration
- Mr. Jim Allhusen, Community Foundation of the Lowcountry Board Chair
- Mr. C. Michael Branham, Esq. | Partner, Young Clement Rivers, LLP, Coastal Community Foundation Board Chair
- Mr. James Burns | Partner, Nelson Mullins
- Mr. Brent Groome | Chief Executive, Marketing, Economic and Strategic Initiatives, HTC, Inc.;Waccamaw Community Foundation Trustee
- Mr. Bruce Hughes | President of the Celerian Group, BlueCross BlueShield of SC; Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Member
- Mr. Floyd Keels | Retired CEO, Santee Electric, Board Member, Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
- Ms. Bhavna Vasudeva | Vice Chair of Community Impact Committee, Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Member
- Mr. Chris Watson | Manager, Motion Industries; Owner, Learning Express
Additional Information about This Fund
- Former Governor Nikki Haley recruited a team of notable South Carolinians who have helped promote giving to the fund, including David Beasley, Tajh Boyd, Stephen Colbert, Jay Hass, Marcus Lattimore, Edwin McCain, Bob McNair, Craig Melvin, Chris Randolph, Jerry Richardson, Joe Riley, Darius Rucker, Steve Spurrier, Dawn Staley, Dabo Swinney and Anita Zucker.
- The Community Foundation’s board provided the initial funding of $50,000 and additional donations were received from across the country.
- Former Governor Nikki Haley’s Original Six Foundation donated $55,000 to underwrite administration of the fund so that 100% of the dollars raised will go to local organizations aiding those in need. In addition, a matching challenge gift of $100,000 was donated by the Lipscomb Family Foundation.
- The fund has been endorsed by the Midlands Regional Mayors and has received financial support from corporations, foundations and individuals across the Midlands and our state.
For individuals seeking assistance from disasters, we recommend calling the United Way of South Carolina’s 2-1-1 hotline.
For individuals seeking volunteer opportunities, please visit the United Way of South Carolina’s Volunteer page at www.volunteersc.org.
Listen to our President & CEO, JoAnn Turnquist, speak on a Center for Disaster Philanthropy webinar panel about Hurricane Florence recovery here.