Join Our Team: Seeking a Brand Journalist Intern for Fall 2020
July 7, 2020
Brand Journalist Intern
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $150+ million and an active and varied grants program of more than $12 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing, and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina.
The independent sector, which includes grantmaking institutions like Central Carolina Community Foundation, as well as nonprofit organizations, is the fifth largest employment sector in South Carolina representing $18.2 billion in gross revenue (source: TogetherSC). Philanthropy is one of the pillars of the independent sector and contributes to the livability of every community. We are committed to increasing the talent pool of diverse leaders in the philanthropic sector by offering students real-life experience for use in enhancing their college career and their future professional opportunities.
Reporting to the Director, Strategic Initiatives & Communications, you will play an integral role in connecting with the Community Foundation’s audiences by leading storytelling efforts across our communication platforms. You will receive hands-on experience strategizing and executing content creation for CCCF channels. Content creation will include writing for our blog, contributing to social media posts, and leading photography and videography projects. You’ll also gain experience in measuring content performance.
- Participate in all aspects of producing and publishing brand journalism content and social media posts, including researching story ideas, writing articles, taking photos or videos, and uploading stories onto the Foundation’s blog or social channels. These stories should span formats and channels, have a measurable impact on audiences, and contribute to the Foundation’s strategic and marketing goals.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s editorial calendar, leading the plans for storytelling strategies
- Conduct research and interviews for the purposes of identifying and producing compelling stories that support the brand narrative and communications goals.
- Use multimedia practices to create and edit stories in a variety of formats to adapt stories to different platforms and audiences.
- Analyze marketing statistics and recommend modifications based on analytics.
- Organize and maintain the Foundation’s communication files (i.e. photos, media coverage, and electronic media files.)
- Other duties as assigned.
The Brand Journalist Intern will also have the opportunity to be exposed to additional aspects of philanthropy, including strategic initiatives, community engagement, and donor relations.
Schedule and Payment:
The position is for fall 2020 and can be extended for the spring 2021 semester. The Foundation is offering payment of $10.00 per hour, with a 15-hour workweek. The schedule is flexible but work must be completed between Monday and Thursday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM.
- College student working toward a degree, preferably in journalism, broadcast journalism, or mass communications.
- Strong writing and interview skills
- Proven ability to produce stories in a variety of formats and experience with photography, videography, and editing
- Ability to communicate with donors, board members, grantees and the general public in a
courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Familiarity with social media applications and some web experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines, and good follow-through on tasks.
- Some local travel may be required so reliable transportation is a must
- Some after-hour event support may be needed
Send resume and cover letter by July 24, 2020, to:
Director, Strategic Initiatives & Communications