Join Our Team: Seeking A Communications Associate
April 26, 2019
Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking a Communications Associate to join our team. The full job description is below. A printable version can be downloaded here. To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 17, 2019.
Communications Associate (Full Time)
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $130+ million and an active and varied grants program of more than $12 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing, and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina. Our role as a catalyst for philanthropy, a community builder, collaborator, and provider of grants and scholarships continues to grow. The Communications Associate will have the unique opportunity to engage the Community Foundation’s various audiences to increase the Foundation’s impact and build the reputation of the organization.
Reporting to the Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager, you will support our team in the execution of strategic communication campaigns for a variety of audiences and internal teams. You will use your outstanding verbal and written communication skills to create, launch, and evaluate best-in-class communication strategies and tactics in coordination with the team. This position is ideal for a motivated and digital savvy professional who is interested in leading the Foundation’s social media presence, developing digital content, and communicating the Foundation’s story across multiple platforms.
- Expand the Foundation’s social media presence, developing and executing data-driven strategies and campaigns in coordination with the Communications Manager
- Produce engaging material for social media (e.g. graphics, videos, photo slideshows, posts, etc.)
- Track and share social media analytics
- Coordinate content production for the Foundation’s website and blog
- Contribute to, track, and implement digital projects on the communication editorial calendar
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to ensure digital content is current on all appropriate platforms
- Ensure digital content is current on the Foundation’s initiative websites
- Maintain email lists and utilize email tools such as A/B testing, segmenting, and workflows to develop data-driven email campaigns that engage the Foundation’s key audiences
- Manage social media advertising campaigns
Content Creation & Integrated Marketing
- Source, write, proofread, edit, and post content for a variety of communication channels including website, blog, collateral materials, quarterly newsletters, email, and social media
- Support media relations efforts by assisting with writing and distributing press releases and media advisories
- Manage and maintain stationery supply, ensuring designs follow brand standards
- Develop content to support marketing strategies of Foundation’s initiatives
- Assist in the fulfillment of Community Foundation sponsorship obligations
- Maintain photo and video catalog, working with photographers and videographers to secure needed assets
- Other duties as requested
- B.S. or B.A., preferably with an emphasis on Marketing or Communications
- 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience preferred
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Digitally savvy – a natural at social media who loves to experiment with the latest storytelling tools and think strategically about engagement. Experience managing social media for an organization
- Comfortable managing multiple tasks, while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player/leader with open-mindedness to collaborate
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and work on various projects and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, and MailChimp (or similar email platform) required as well as the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Video editing capability and photography skills a plus
$36,000 – $40,000
Deadline to Apply
May 17, 2019
Cherise Arrendale, Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager
Central Carolina Community Foundation
Every staff employed by the Foundation is expected to possess honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness and courteousness; high energy and a positive attitude; a dedication to quality and accuracy; an ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office; an ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision; good oral and written communication skills.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.