Join Our Team: Seeking a Communications Intern for Fall 2019
August 2, 2019
Description of work: Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking a creative and analytical communications intern who is capable and willing to complete several writing, organizational and online media tasks. The intern will assist the Strategic Initiatives and Communications team with the execution of the marketing/public relations objectives in accordance with the Foundation’s overall communications message and vision.
- Analyze website and social media statistics and recommend modifications based on analytics.
- Organize and maintain the Foundation’s communication files (i.e. photos, media coverage and electronic media files.)
- Assist in research and evaluation efforts aimed at improving the Foundation’s communication effectiveness.
- Assist in researching, writing, proofreading and assembling information for the Foundation’s newsletters, website, blog and other collateral materials.
- Assist the Foundation in implementing digital strategies, to include posting photos, videos and information on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media outlets.
- Support media relations efforts by assisting with posting news releases and media advisories to online sources and calendars.
- Support Foundation staff with preparing for events.
- Other duties as assigned by the Strategic Initiatives and Communications Manager.
Schedule and Payment: The position is for the fall 2019 semester and can be extended. The Foundation is offering payment of $10.00 per hour, with a 10-to-15-hour workweek. The schedule is flexible, but work must be completed during normal office hours (M-F, 8:30-5:00).
- College student working toward a degree in public relations, communications, journalism or
related degree program.
- Ability to communicate with donors, board members, grantees and the general public in a
courteous, helpful and respectful manner.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite programs is desired.
- Familiarity with social media applications and some web experience helpful.
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative.
- Strong attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines and good follow-through on tasks.
- Happy in a fast-paced, multi-task environment.
Send resume and cover letter by August 15, 2019, to:
Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager
Central Carolina Community Foundation