Join Our Team: Seeking a Development Associate
July 22, 2019
Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking a Development Associate to join our team. The full job description is below. A printable version can be downloaded here. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to JoAnn Turnquist at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2019.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $150+ million and an active and varied grants program of more than $12 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing, and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina. Our role as a catalyst for philanthropy, a community builder, collaborator, and provider of grants and scholarships continues to grow. As a Development Associate, you will work with a dedicated team of professionals to provide the highest level of customer service, maintain accurate records, and build goodwill with all our constituents.
Reporting to the Vice President for Development, you will play an integral role in the Foundation’s philanthropic services, helping to build strong relationships with new and existing donors. You will provide high-quality support to the daily functions of donor management and the overall stewardship activities of the Foundation, including grants management for donor advised, designated, and agency funds. This position requires an individual who can prioritize and multi-task while maintaining a high level of client service and attention to detail.
- Donor Services
- Assist with the implementation of the Serve and Amaze stewardship plan
- Maintain a portfolio of assigned donors, creating a unique cultivation plan for each donor, then tracking the plan’s progress
- Collaborate with team members to leverage opportunities, build awareness, develop value-added engagement, and facilitate meaningful engagement experiences for donors, including working with Strategic Initiatives Associate to plan stewardship events
- Generate monthly anniversary, birthday, and sympathy cards, prepare prospective donor materials and donor activity summaries
- Assist in developing and executing communication to donors and professional advisors
- Work with VP for Development to support Community Fund Advisory Boards
- Generate reports and summaries for monthly Serve and Amaze meetings and other committees
- Grants Management for Donor Advised, Designated and Agency Funds
- Receive and process donor advised recommendations for grants, maintain records of recommendations, perform due diligence, and ensure timely communication to donors and nonprofits
- Communicate with Foundation donors via phone, email, and in-person, to answer inquiries regarding their grantmaking to ensure proper stewardship and understanding of the process
- Maintain accurate records regarding activities with donors in our information management system
- Distribute daily mail and prepare deposits
- Work with the VP for Development to meet established fundraising goals by implementing the annual giving campaign
- Assist the CEO with all board and committee functions
- Provide scheduling and clerical support for the CEO
- Provide general administrative and clerical support for the Development department including mailing, scanning, appointment setting, and filing
- Provide back-up for Foundation administrative functions, such as gift and grant processing, meeting prep, setup, and cleanup, database clean-up projects, answering incoming phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; Associate degree or equivalent work experience
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office, Outlook, MailChimp, Blackbaud (or comparable database management system)
- Exceptional attention to detail and superb organizational skills
- Able to anticipate needs and prioritize; good “peripheral vision”
- Able to problem-solve and constantly improve grantmaking and other procedures
- Able to balance multiple projects and be flexible to changing priorities
- Able to approach situations and challenges with a sense of humor
This position may require occasional weekends and/or extended workday
Salary & Benefits
- A team-oriented, performance excellence culture
- A fantastic, collaborative work environment
- A full-time, exempt position with flex-time options
- A generous benefits package is provided to all full-time staff, including medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life, HSAs and retirement benefits
- Salary range: $35,000-$40,000
Deadline to Apply: August 15, 2019
Please send resume and cover letter to JoAnn Turnquist, President & CEO, email@example.com.
For more information about Central Carolina Community Foundation, please visit our website: http://www.yourfoundation.org
Every staff employed by the Foundation is expected to possess honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness, and courteousness; high energy and a positive attitude; a dedication to quality and accuracy; an ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office; an ability to fulfill job requirements with minimal supervision; good oral and written communication skills.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.