Join Our Team: Seeking A Strategic Initiatives Associate
June 13, 2019
Central Carolina Community Foundation is seeking a Strategic Initiatives Associate to join our team. The full job description is below. A printable version can be downloaded here. To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 28, 2019.
Strategic Initiatives Associate (Full Time)
Central Carolina Community Foundation is a public foundation with assets of $150+ million and an active and varied grants program of more than $12 million annually. We are dedicated to promoting, increasing, and facilitating philanthropy across eleven counties in the Midlands of South Carolina. Our role as a catalyst for philanthropy, a community builder, collaborator, and provider of grants and scholarships continues to grow.
As the Strategic Initiatives Associate, you will have the unique opportunity to support the Foundation’s community initiatives and engage with a variety of stakeholders to further the Foundation’s strategic plan.
Reporting to the Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager, you will support our team in executing our signature community initiatives On the Table and Midlands Gives. Launched in 2018, On the Table is a conversation initiative that brings community members together to discuss how we can collectively improve our community. Midlands Gives is an annual 18-hour online giving challenge that has raised over $9.3 million for local nonprofits since it was introduced in 2014.
You will use your outstanding event planning skills to coordinate logistics for these initiatives. In addition, you will work with the Foundation team on a variety of gatherings that engage donors, nonprofits, community members, and Foundation volunteers. This position is ideal for a customer service minded professional who has strong organizational and communication skills and exceptional attention to detail.
On the Table
- Coordinate monthly committee meetings and assist with preparing meeting materials
- Organize host training and Table Talk events
- Serve as the contact for registered hosts and community members, answering email and phone questions in a timely and informative manner
- Develop and implement regular email communication to hosts
- Develop toolkit materials
- Maintain website, ensuring information is up to date
- Assist with marketing campaigns as needed
- Assist with development of report and report promotion
- Assist in fulfillment of sponsorship obligations
- Serve as contact for nonprofits, answering emails and phone questions in a timely and informative manner
- Serve as contact for donors during and after event, answering email and phone questions in a timely and informative manner
- Coordinate training sessions for nonprofits, including securing locations, arranging food/beverage needs, setting up webinars, managing registrations, and preparing materials for trainings
- Develop and implement regular email communication to registered nonprofits
- Develop tactics to recruit nonprofits and assist them with the registration process
- Manage creation of toolkit and training materials
- Assist with marketing campaigns
- Maintain Midlands Gives platform, working with platform provider to ensure information is updated
- Coordinate event logistics for headquarters
- Coordinate day-of schedule for staff, vendors, and volunteers and manage training for day-of job responsibilities
- Order and distribute thank you gifts to partners
- Pull reports from platform as needed by staff
- Assist with fulfillment of sponsor requests
- Additional duties as required by the growth of the initiative
- Oversee and administer logistics and implementation for all Foundation gatherings, including but not limited to: donor events, nonprofit gatherings, committee meetings, and regional community fund meetings (scheduling, invitations, meal arrangements, vendor coordination, speaker arrangements, RSVP management, refreshments, nametags, follow-up, etc.)
- Serve as staff liaison to Greater Chapin Community Foundation, supporting the group’s activities, facilitating communication among Foundation team, and building relationships in the regional area
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least three years related work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, and customer service skills
- Ability to learn and operate computer systems effectively and efficiently, including database systems (Experience with Blackbaud products a plus)
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to details
- Occasional weekend and/or extended work days may be required
Salary Range & Benefits:
- A team-oriented, performance excellence culture; and a fantastic work environment
- A full-time, exempt position with flex-time option
- A generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, STD/LTD, life insurance, HSAs, and retirement benefits
- $38,000 – $45,000
Please send cover letter and resume to Cherise Arrendale, Strategic Initiatives & Communications Manager, at
Deadline To Apply:
June 28, 2019
For more information about Central Carolina Community Foundation, please visit our website:
Each staff member employed by the Foundation is expected to possess honesty, integrity, professionalism, politeness and courteousness; high energy and a positive attitude; a dedication to quality and accuracy; an ability to work well with co-workers, especially in a small office; an ability to fulfill their job requirements with minimal supervision; good oral and written communication skills.
Central Carolina Community Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. There is no discrimination with regard to hiring, assignments, promotion or other conditions of staff employment because of race, creed, color, religion, veteran status, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual preference or a disability not pertinent to the assigned job.