One SC Fund Awards $250,000 for Hurricane Florence Relief
February 28, 2019
The One SC Fund Grants Committee has announced the third round of grant awards for Hurricane Florence relief and recovery projects across South Carolina. Grantees will receive a total of $250,000 to support their projects.
To date, the One SC Fund established by former Governor Nikki Haley in November, 2015 to help South Carolinians recovering from a disaster, has awarded $4,137,500 in grants to nonprofits to support disaster recovery projects across our state, helping more than 1,900 families return home.
The following nonprofit organizations will receive grants from the One SC Fund for the following projects scheduled to launch on March 1:
- Darlington County’s Habitat for Humanity, More Safe Dry Homes project will repair or replace damaged roofs on homes in Darlington County.
- Dillion County’s, Hurricane Florence Repair and Restore project will repair damaged roofs and inner wall structures on affected houses in Dillion County.
- Harvest Hope Food Bank’s, Beyond Florence project will collect and distribute food and supplies to six of the hardest hit areas within Harvest Hope’s service area.
- Home Works of America’s, Pee Pee Disaster Repairs for Homes project will provide supplies and sanitation materials to families in the regions whose homes have been damaged.
- Lutheran Family Services in the Carolina, Hurricane Florence Disaster Relief in the Carolinas project will provide temporary housing for displaced families and also repair damaged homes in the area.
The nonprofit grant recipients were selected by a grants committee made up of board members from five Community Foundations in South Carolina, and business and civic leaders. These individuals know their communities well and are able to distribute the funds to areas where the dollars will have the greatest impact.
“The One SC Fund continues to help South Carolinians affected by disaster return home.” says JoAnn Turnquist, president and CEO of Central Carolina Community Foundation. “We are extremely grateful for the many generous donors who have helped these families and individuals.”
Donations for the One SC Fund have come from individuals, organizations, and businesses from across our nation. A list of corporate donors can be found at http://www.onescfund.org.
There is still much work to be done in order to rebuild homes and lives affected by recent disasters in our state. Central Carolina Community Foundation is proud to note that 100% of monies donated to the One SC Fund are distributed to local nonprofits providing disaster relief and recovery.
How to Donate to the One SC Fund
Those wishing to contribute to the One SC Fund can do so in the following ways:
- Online: Visit http://www.onescfund.org to make a donation with your credit card
- Mail: Send a check made payable to Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC to: Central Carolina Community Foundation-One SC, 2142 Boyce Street, Suite 402, Columbia, SC 29201
Nonprofit organizations can find information about applying for grants at https://www.yourfoundation.org/OneSCGrants. The next round of applications will open on April 1, 2019 through April 30, 2019.