The John S. and James L. Knight Foundation, a longtime philanthropic partner to the Columbia community, has awarded $270,000 in grants to 15 local nonprofit art organizations in response to... Read More
For information on One SC Fund: COVID-19 Response grants, please click below.
History of the One SC Fund
The One SC Fund was first used to support nonprofit organizations providing relief and recovery assistance to flood victims in the 24 FEMA designated emergency counties. When Hurricane Matthew struck our state in October 2016, the fund was also used to support nonprofit organizations providing relief and recovery assistance to those impacted by the Hurricane.
Thanks to many generous donors throughout the state and nation, the Fund has distributed over $4,867,500 in grants to nonprofits to support disaster recovery projects across our state that have helped over 2,400 families return home.
Before You Apply
Be sure to review all grant proposal guidelines prior to applying for a Disaster Relief Grant.
Apply for a Grant
The One SC Fund provides grants to nonprofits to fund disaster relief, recovery and rebuilding assistance programs from state-declared emergencies. Organizations may request up to $25,000.
The next round of applications will be accepted from September 1 to September 30, 2020.
Individuals are not eligible to apply.
The One SC Fund is prioritizing applications from nonprofits providing disaster relief in the following counties: Chesterfield, Darlington, Dillon, Florence, Georgetown, Horry, Marion, and Marlboro.
Information for Grant Recipients
If your nonprofit received a grant from the One SC Fund, please use the link below to submit your grant report.
Hurricane Response Grants Committee
The Foundation thanks the following members of the One SC Fund grants committee:
- Ms. Marcia Adams, Director, South Carolina Department of Administration
- Mr. Jim Allhusen, Community Foundation of the Lowcountry Board Chair
- Mr. C. Michael Branham, Esq., Partner, Young Clement Rivers, LLP, Coastal Community Foundation Board Chair
- Mr. James Burns, Partner, Nelson Mullins
- Mr. Brent Groome, Chief Executive, Marketing, Economic and Strategic Initiatives, HTC, Inc.;Waccamaw Community Foundation Trustee
- Mr. Bruce Hughes, President of the Celerian Group, BlueCross BlueShield of SC; Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Member
- Mr. Floyd Keels, Retired CEO, Santee Electric, Board Member, Eastern Carolina Community Foundation
- Ms. Bhavna Vasudeva, Vice Chair of Community Impact Committee, Central Carolina Community Foundation Board Member
- Mr. Chris Watson, Manager, Motion Industries; Owner, Learning Express